Thursday, September 9, 2010

Is there anything better?


This is my lunch today.  Avocado, bacon, lettuce and homegrown tomato sandwich.  I used my homemade mayonnaise on this sandwich.

Last year I started cooking my bacon in the oven.  There isn't any splatter in the oven, so it's less messy, and even though it takes longer it is a lot easier.  Just turn on the oven, place the bacon on a rack in a pan and cook until it's done.  Sorry I don't remember how hot but I don't think it matters much...the hotter the quicker the bacon is done.  Just make sure you watch it closely and turn the bacon over once or twice. For two or three slices of bacon I use the microwave oven.  For a whole package of bacon I use the conventional oven then put the cooked slices in the fridge and warm them in the microwave when I'm ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment